SQL Workbench/J uses standard Java/JDBC calls to the database and thus should work against any DBMS that has a JDBC driver.
For some features such as displaying the source for triggers or views no JDBC API is available and these must be implemented for each DBMS separately.
SQL Workbench/J has been specifically tested with the following or they have been reported to work with SQL Workbench/J:
- PostgreSQL (Download JDBC driver)
- Oracle (Download JDBC driver)
- H2 Database Engine
- Firebird SQL (Download JDBC driver)
- Apache Derby
- IBM DB2
- Amazon Redshift (Download JDBC driver)
- SQLite (with SQLiteJDBC)
- MySQL (Download JDBC Driver)
- Microsoft SQL Server (Download MS driver Download free jTDS driver)
- Teradata (Download JDBC driver)
If you find that not all features (especially in the DbExplorer) work for your DBMS, please feel free to contact me.